Why set up Website Tracking
Installing the web tracking code on your website pages is the main connection that unlocks the power of GleanView. It is like plugging it in so it can power up.
With Tracking code installed, you can:
- View Visitor Analytics for each page and by each account and contact
- Get Real Time Notifications when a contact is on your site (and exactly what pages)
- Generate Leads from Form Fills directly into GleanView
- Track Visitors full history (even before they became a contact as anonymous)
- Link email clicks directly to website activity (better campaign analytics)
- Utilize Attribution Analytics to gauge digital marketing ROI
- Turn on WebID to auto generate warm leads from web visitors!
Website Tracking Integration
Contacts website activity is tracked through a GleanView website tracking integration. Whenever a Contact visits any page of your company’s website, it is tracked and visible in GleanView.
How to setup Website Activity Tracking:
Setup is typically handled by an IT Specialist/Web Developer and requires Admin access to GleanView as well as the ability to paste the code on your website and verify it for accuracy.
Load Domain Wizard in App – Load GleanView
Click the orange ‘Add Domain’ button and enter your Domain URL.
If you have already started this process, simply click the pencil edit button to the right of the Domain on the list.
Add the Domain Name and/or click ‘Next’ and the Website Tracking page will load.
- Copy your GleanView Analytics Tracking Code
- Place the code on every page of your website including Forms (especially if you wish to link Form Fills to import Data).
- Typically, this code is placed within the base template of your website.
- If you have a Shopping Cart, use the Code we designated on the right specific to shopping carts.
- Shopping carts can not only be tracked if a user visits, but you can also use them as a Form Submission to pull data gathered into GleanView.
- Paste the GleanView Tracking Code prior to the ending Head<> tag in your HTML Code Editor.
- Here is a snapshot of the code placed on GleanView's Website to show proper placement.
Once Completed, it can take up to 72 hours for the code to be read and recognized. If you are uncertain as to the status, it will show up in the Domain Management List View with Status as well as Actions Required.
Check for Verification
Go to Company Settings / Integrations / Domain Management.
If there is a Green Check under Verification Record (TXT) then your tracking code has been verified.
If you do not see a verification after 48-72 hours, double check that the code is placed correctly and refresh. Then contact GleanView Support for assistance if needed.
Now you can use WebID, Track visitor history, and set up Form Submissions to bring in new leads.
Examples for Pasting Website Tracking Code
WordPress - Business Plan Users and self Hosted
- Copy your GleanView Tracking Code from the Wizard as shown above.
- Log in to your WordPress account and then navigate to Appearance > Editor in the left sidebar menu.
Select a location that will be available on ALL Pages (ex: Header or Footer)
Paste in the tracking code and select Update File.
Premium WP Plans and below… (Please Read notes From WordPress)
Using Google Tag Manager
- Copy your GleanView Tracking Code from the Wizard as shown above
- Select your Container in Google Tag Manager.
- Click Tags and then select New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- For the Tag type, choose Custom HTML Tag.
- Paste the tracking code in the HTML field.
- Next, click Triggering to set up a firing rule.
- Select All Pages to quickly apply the tag to every page for tracking.
- After you save, don’t forget to hit ‘Publish’ for it to take effect.