Within GleanView, Accounts can have a linked, hierarchy-style relationship between multiple Accounts. This feature allows you to link one parent Account to related child Accounts.
This is an organizational option for keeping track and managing Accounts with “related” Accounts. This is similar to Linked Contacts, but applies to an entire Account and allows a user to navigate more seamlessly between Accounts.
Note that once an Account becomes a Parent it cannot be the Child of any other Account unless it is removed as a Parent first. Similarly a Child cannot be a Parent of an Account until it is no longer a Child of an Account. We will review how to Un-Link Accounts later in this article.
Linking Child Accounts to a Parent
- Navigate to the Overview of the Account you would like to be the parent.
- Click the New dropdown and select Child Account.
- Type the name of the Child Account you will be linking and select it.
- Once you’ve selected the Child Account, click Link Account.
- You can now view which Child Accounts are linked on the Account Overview page.
- Clicking any of the links in the Child Account widget will redirect you to the selected Accounts overview page.
Linking a Parent Account to a Child
- Navigate to the Overview tab of the Child Account
- Click the New drop down and select Add Parent Account.
- Type the name of the Parent Account you will be linking and select it.
- Once you’ve selected the Parent Account, click Link Account.
- You can now view the Parent Account by clicking the link on the Account Overview page.
Un-Linking Parent/Child Accounts
GleanView provides you the capability to Un-Link an Account from a Child/Parent should you need to.
To un-link a Parent/Child Account:
- Navigate to the associated Parent or Child Account you wish to Un-Link.
- Click the edit pencil button.
- You can now select Un-Link Child/Parent.
- If you have selected the correct Account you wish to Un-Link, click Ok.