Create and customize your very own quotes in-app. Quotes can be created from predefined items or custom items with custom descriptions and pricing. Quote fields can include line item discounts, quantity, shipping , and tax.
Creating a Quote
To create a Quote, you will need to have an Opportunity already created in order to start.
- With your Opportunity already created, search for the title of it in the search bar and select the Opportunity.
- Click Next.
- Edit the Shipping and Billing information for the Quote you are about to generate.
- Add in your product from your product list or add in a product as you type up your quote.
- Select which sales user is generating the quote.
- If you are adding in a product from your product list you can select the check box next to the correct product.
- Once selected, click Add to Quote.
- Edit the description of the product and add in any comments you may have. This text box can be edited using Markdown Syntax should you want to add bold, italics, or a list item.
- If your product has already been created and is in the product list, this text box will auto-fill with the description.
- Apply the quantity and a discount (if there is one).
- Click Create Quote once you have finished.
Once you have created a quote you will be able to view an Overview of the details for the corresponding quote. Clicking on the edit pencil will allow you to add/edit fields in the Quote Overview area. This area will also allow you to create a PDF, delete, duplicate, or edit your quote.
View a PDF of your Quote
To view a PDF of your Quote click the Get PDF button to download a printable PDF to view.
Using this button will download a PDF file for you to view and print if needed.
View which User in GleanView created this particular quote.
View or edit the amount of the quote.
This will show when the quote was originally created. If there are any changes made to the quote you can see when it was modified.
View or edit the name of your quote, should it need its named changed.
Know which Opportunity is being referenced by clicking the link that will direct you to the Opportunity overview page.
Add any additional information to the description area to have a quick view of the quote details.
This is a customizable, searchable identifier for Quotes that appears under the Quotes Basic Information widget. A common use case for this field is for quick searches. Admin users can customize the options in the Tags drop down under Company settings.