What is an Event?
An Event is one of the Calendar follow-up’s you can create in GleanView. An important part of the sales process, follow-up’s are reminders for sales users to help with organization and time management.
Users can schedule the following types of Event Follow-Ups:
All Day- Ideal for noting conferences/networking events, vacation time, or out-of-office notices, All Day calendar events can span over one day or multiple.
Scheduled- This is a calendar event that has a scheduled start and end time.
Tasks- This type of event is listed as a “to-do” item that doesn’t have a specific time range.
What is a Task?
Tasks are one of the Calendar features you may create in GleanView to keep track of important details on your Calendar.
How Can I Use a Task?
This Calendar event will note a “to-do” item that doesn’t necessarily have a scheduled time, but must be accomplished by the end of the indicated day. Tasks will appear different from Events in Gleanview, as they will appear at the top of the calendar date they are associated to (see below).
Creating a Task/Event from the Calendar
Click the Calendar button at the top right of your screen.
Your Calendar will now open up in a new tab.
Select which date you want to create a task for, then click New Event.
Customizing Your Basic Task/Event
To create your basic Task(s) complete the following:
- Name your task/Event.
- Select the type of event All Day, Task, or Scheduled Time.
- Ensure the Date is correct.
- Select Other in the Related To dropdown.
- Add in a description of the Task/Event.
- If you are an Administrator, you may Assign the Task to a specific user by clicking the Assign To dropdown.
- Select the specific color you will want your task to have.
- Click Save once you have completed customizing your Task.
To create an Event/Task from an Account:
- Search for the Account name your Event is associated with, and navigate to the Overview tab.
- Once on the overview tab of the Account, navigate to the Account Calendar widget and select Create Event.
You can now create an Event specific to the Account you have searched in the steps above.
Fill in the name of your Event.
Select the type of event it will be All Day, Scheduled Time, or Task.
Depending on which type you have picked, you will have to pick a date/time if necessary.
The Related To and Add Account will already be filled in with Account since the Event was created from within the Account tab.
Add any Contact you have been in dealings with for the Event.
Any description details can be added in for additional details.
You can assign the Event to a specific user in the Assigned To dropdown, if you are an Administrator.
Select a color you wish to appear on your calendar when viewing this Event.
Click Save, in the top right to finish creating the Event.
The steps above explained creation of an Event. To view the Event in the calendar:
- From the dashboard select the calendar button at the top right of the page.
- You will now be able to see a monthly view of your calendar and your agenda with all upcoming tasks. You can even create an Event from this page too.
- Click on a specific task to see more details.
- From the expanded menu that appears you can edit, create, or log the Event.
Once an Event is completed, you can mark them as done to move on to other outstanding Tasks/Events.
There are Three locations that you can mark an Event as completed:
Your Calendar view in GleanView can be edited depending on what you are looking for. If you are looking for User based events you can select which Users you would like visible. You may also sort the Events by teams, showing a specific Sales or Marketing Teams daily Tasks and Events. These views will be restricted based on Calendar access via permissions, with Administrators being able to see the Calendar for all Users by default.
- Navigate to the Calendar button.
- Click the Calendar dropdown.
- You may now select designated Users you would like to view.
Should you want to view a specific Team, click the Team tab and pick which Team you want to view.