Sequence Email Templates use the same builder as the In App Email Templates (Learn more)
What is the Sequence Auto Email Step
Sequences can also be used with an 'Auto-Email' step if you wish to send the email without the intervention of a user. This is helpful if your messaging does not need to be altered for each recipient.
Best used for:
- Auto Response for Web Visit or Form Fill
- Small volume Drip Campaigns (Marketing or Sales Engagement)
- Email sending limits are based on your linked email provider
- Customer Engagement or Renewal Reminders
- Prospecting to smaller targeted markets
- Make sure to use the 'Unsubscribe' link with colder automated email outreach
Setting up an Auto Email Step
- Click the 'Plus Sign' in any sequence flow to add a new step.
- Select 'Auto Email' to load the configuration screen
- Fill out the Email Conditions and Select a Template to use. (Templates must be built in advance)
Name the Task (for reference and analytics)
Select the Email Template
Templates must be built in advance.
which user the email will be sent from (Account, Opp, Project user, or specified user)
- Toggle 'Unsubscribe Link' if you wish to include this at the bottom of the email (recommended for unsolicited outreach or colder emails)
- You can edit the Text Portions of the link "Click Here" and "to stop getting emails from me" may both be edited inline to change the message - make sure NOT to change any other characters or the link will not work.
- Select When Email will send
- which days the email will be allowed to send (Will not send on any unchecked days
- Select 'Start as soon as possible' or 'Specify Start Time'
- Specified start times will be based on your contact's timezone as long as address is stored otherwise it will default to the user's timezone.
- Select When Email will send
Auto emails are logged and tracked just like in App Emails. (See below)
Sequence Steps are also tracked and analyzed in Sequence Analytics for a side by side comparison with other Sequence Results and Email Activity.
Using Sequences or In App Emails will send the emails directly from the linked email account assigned to the user (Ex: Gmail, 365, etc...)
Make sure you have your email linked and tested for 'Success' prior to sending an email using Sequences or In App. (Learn More)
Email Tracking and Logging
When an In-App Email is sent, GleanView tracks its Clicks and Opens inside the Account Activity Widget. For Users who have Email Sync enabled all logged emails will show up here as well as Sales Activity Analytics and can be filtered out in the Activity List View.
The Account Activity Widget will indicate whether or not it was an Outgoing or Incoming Email, or if it was from a Campaign; as outlined in green below:
This widget also tracks whether or not the Email has been opened by the recipient:
Should the recipient click on any link within the email, GleanView will track the click and store the Page Visit data (along with any other logged Activities) within Account Activity as shown below:
Clicking on one of the logged visits will populate the visit history. GleanView captures and tracks the Visit Date, number of Pages Visited, Time On Site, Medium, Source, Campaign (if relevant), Search Term, Device, Browser, Contact, and Pages Viewed and stores it under Account Activity.