HubSpot Integration Video
Integrating Seamlessly with HubSpot CRM
The GleanQuote/HubSpot bi-directional integration enables users to create quotes and proposals from a HubSpot account or deal, syncs account and contact information from HubSpot to GleanQuote, and also syncs proposal information and deal line items from GleanQuote to HubSpot.
Users are matched between GleanQuote and HubSpot via email address. All HubSpot users that will be creating proposals will need to be created as users in GleanQuote with the same email address as is used in HubSpot.
The user setting up the GleanQuote/HubSpot integration must be an admin in both HubSpot and GleanQuote.
To enable the integration from your GleanQuote account:
1.) Go to company settings/integrations/other and click the Enable button on the HubSpot card.
2.) Select the Hubspot account you want to connect:
3.) Confirm the integration permissions:
You will see that the Status on the HubSpot integration card now displays Enabled. You can disable the integration at any time in GleanQuote by clicking the Disable button.
4.) Click the Edit Settings button on the HubSpot integration card in GleanQuote:
- Auto-populate HubSpot deal amount with GleanQuote proposal total checkbox if you want the total of the most recent sent proposal related to a HubSpot deal to update the HubSpot deal amount automatically. Since a HubSpot deal can only have one value, if you have multiple recurring periods on a quote, you can select whether you only want the non-recurring amount to populate the deal amount, or the sum of the recurring amounts (all annualized), or the sum of the non-recurring amounts and the annualized recurring amounts.
- Keep HubSpot Deal line-item prices when import in Proposal creation dialog will import the line item at the price you may have edited in HubSpot line items - it will also override the price in GleanQuote and make the pricing 'Editable' in the proposal quote table.
- Auto-populate HubSpot Deal Line Items with GleanQuote proposal line items if you want to have all GleanQuote line items on the most recent sent proposal synced into the associated HubSpot Deal as line items.
- Select Column for Standard Price - since HubSpot only has one Price field in the line item, if you are using GleanQuote Price Lists and want to show Standard Price and Your Price for example, create a custom line item field in HubSpot and name it Standard Price (or MSRP) - and map GQ Standard Price to that field. Otherwise only the end price based on the price list (or conditional price) would show.
- Auto-create a HubSpot Quote from GleanQuote Proposal will generate a Quote using the same name as the GQ Proposal and automatically fill in the line items. This is used sometimes for generating a secondary HubSpot Document from a template if needed. (You can also accomplish similar results using the 'Get PDF from Template' feature inside GleanQuote from the overview page which uses a GleanQuote Template.
- Sync line items and deal amount from most recently either Sent Proposal or Edited Proposal. If you select Sent Proposal, then the sync will only occur when a proposal is sent. If you select Edited Proposal, then line items and deal amount will be updated every time a proposal is edited.
- Sync product fields from GleanQuote line items back to HubSpot line item fields by mapping the fields. System fields and fields that are automatically mapped are not available in the mapping drop downs. For the most part, any custom fields in HubSpot or GleanQuote are available.
- Sync Products from from GleanQuote to HubSpot or from HubSpot to GleanQuote, select the appropriate drop down value. The default value is No Sync. You will need to map the non-standard fields that you want to sync. The sync occurs every 15 minutes automatically if activiated.
- Use GleanQuote Configured Model Number instead of Model Number for HubSpot SKU if you want to use the Configured Model number instead of the regular product model number in HubSpot.
- Update HubSpot Deal Stage with GleanQuote Proposal Status and map the GleanQuote Proposal Statuses to HubSpot Deal Statuses if you want the HubSpot deal status to automatically update with the GleanQuote proposal status updates.
Make sure to click the orange SAVE button at the bottom.
5.) Customer and Deal Field Mapping
Map the Account, Opportunity and Contact fields by matching up GleanQuote field names with Hubspot field names. If you want to match HubSpot fields with custom GleanQuote fields, those custom fields will need to be created in GleanQuote company settings before mapping.
Click the Save button when you are finished mapping fields. These integration settings can be updated any time by an admin user in GleanQuote.
Only mapped fields will be synced between GleanQuote and HubSpot.
6.) Verify that your integration is active
Go to the Connected Apps section of your HubSpot account settings. You should see the GleanQuote app listed if your integration setup was successful.
Once you have completed the integration set-up, you can create new GleanQuote proposals from within HubSpot Deals and Companies.
You will see the GleanQuote card in the right sidebar of the connected app on companies and deals within HubSpot (usually adds at the bottom)
- Note - if the GleanQuote Card is not visible in HubSpot, check the HubSpot Right Sidebar settings.
- it may be hidden if you have many apps installed and cards on the right side - or it just may be all the way at the bottom and needs to be dragged up to near the Line Items section.
Click the New Proposal button to create a new proposal.
If the HubSpot account selected when creating a new proposal does not already exist in GleanQuote, then a new account is created in GleanQuote and all of the HubSpot contacts associated with the company are also created in GleanQuote. The fields for these records are populated according to the mapping in the HubSpot integration settings.
If the HubSpot account selected already exists in GleanQuote, then ALL mapped GleanQuote fields will be overwritten with HubSpot data, and any new contacts with email addresses will be added to the GleanQuote account. Company, Contact and Deal data should be managed in HubSpot and not GleanQuote since no edits to these fields in GleanQuote will be synced back to HubSpot and these fields will be overwritten with HubSpot data when any new proposal is either CREATED or EDITED.
If you choose to connect the proposal to a HubSpot deal that does not already exist in GleanQuote as an opportunity, then a new opportunity is created in GleanQuote. The only opportunity field that is synced is opportunity name. The stage of the opportunity in GleanQuote is automatically set to Nurture. If the HubSpot company and contacts associated with the deal do not exist in GleanQuote, they are created as well.
If the HubSpot opportunity already exists in GleanQuote, then any new contacts with email addresses associated with the HubSpot account are created in GleanQuote.
If you have line items defined in HubSpot for the deal, you can opt to import those line items directly into an existing quote table in your GleanQuote template by checking the box Import Deal Line Items to: and selecting the quote table in the template. If the products in the line items do not already exist in GleanQuote, they will be created when the proposal is created.
Once the proposal is saved in GleanQuote, summary information from the proposal will sync back into HubSpot. You can click the link icon to go directly back to the proposal editor in GleanQuote or click the Actions link and choose either the Proposal overview or editor. Each time a new proposal is created from a HubSpot deal or company, it will be displayed in this same area. Each time a proposal is updated in GleanQuote, the same information is updated in HubSpot.
In order to view proposal tracking activity in HubSpot, make sure the GleanQuote activity checkbox is checked.
Each time a proposal is created, send, viewed or completed, an activity event will be displayed in the HubSpot timeline for the company or deal and the contact.
Clicking the link in any of the timeline activities will open Proposal Overview in GleanQuote. You can download a pdf copy of the completed proposal from here using the Get PDF button. A copy of the completed PDF is also synced to HubSpot in the Files section for the deal or company.
Seamless integration creates a complete user experience with GleanQuote for HubSpot.
To Uninstall GleanQuote from HubSpot
To uninstall GleanQuote and remove it from your HubSpot instance follow these procedures:
1. Make sure you have all data needed from GleanQuote (Product Data can be exported from the Product List Screen by selecting ALL and choosing Export to CSV)
Contact GleanQuote Support if you need assistance or have any questions using the Green Help Button in the App or on our Website https://gleanview.com
2. Login to your HubSpot Account and find Connected Apps
3. On the GleanQuote App - Click Actions and select Uninstall
4.) Manually Type in the word 'uninstall' and confirm by clicking the Uninstall button
5.) If you need to cancel a paid GleanQuote Subscription, contact GleanQuote directly from the Green Help Button inside the App or on our website: https://gleanview.com