Proposal templates are saved, reusable proposal content elements that help you quickly create new proposals. You can create a complete proposal template or a single saved element template and anything in between and store these in a library that can be used to create new proposals.
Using Proposal Templates
There are three ways to use templates when creating a new proposal.
1. When you create a new proposal, you can select a template as a starting point for the proposal.
You can choose to start with a blank proposal, or use any of your saved templates (in My Proposal Templates folder) or one of our professionally designed templates (in Proposal Template Library folder). The template you used to start your most recent proposal will be autopopulated in the Select Template entry box. Click the x to remove the selection and click the Choose Template button to select a new template.
2. You can insert a template anywhere in your existing proposal using the Saved Template element.
Simply drag the Saved Templates element anywhere in your proposal and drop it and a dialog will display allowing you to select the template you want to insert.
3. You can insert a template as a new section in the proposal
Clicking the + button at the bottom of the proposal editor displays an Add Section button and an Add Template button. Click the Add Template button to select and add a template as a new section in your proposal.
Creating Proposal Templates
You can manage user access to templates by editing the permissions of the user's role (Company Settings).
In order for a user to Create/Edit or Delete proposal templates, the user must have Proposal Template permissions for Create/Edit and Delete of All.
A user with appropriate permissions will be able to create a new proposal template in three ways:
1. You can create a new proposal template directly from the Proposal Template list view using the Orange New Template button:
2. You can save an existing proposal as a proposal template from within the proposal editor using the Save as Template link button:
3. You can select one or multiple elements while you are editing a proposal to save as a new template by clicking the save icon on the elements (which turns into a green check mark when selected) and then clicking the Save Elements as Template button link.
If there are unselected elements between selected elements, that spacing will be eliminated in the saved template.
You can save any elements as a template. Quote table elements will not retain discounts and option values when they are saved in a template.
Managing Proposal Templates
You can manage proposal templates from the proposal template list view. This includes searching for templates, deleting templates and moving templates to new folders.