- You must have an Active GleanQuote SubScription
- You must have either Lightning or Classic Salesforce Professional with API access, Salesforce Enterprise or Salesforce Unlimited edition to use the GleanQuote - Salesforce integration. The user setting up the integration must be an admin user in GleanQuote and an admin user in Salesforce.
GleanQuote connects to Salesforce via API. You should be aware of your API limit in Salesforce, which is determined by the edition of Salesforce you are using and the number and type of users.
Two Methods for using GleanQuote with Salesforce
Required for both methods - Enabling the Salesforce Integration
The Salesforce integration can be enabled by navigating to Company Settings/Integrations/CRM.
The first step in setting the integration up is to click the enable button to establish and authorize the connection between GleanView and Salesforce.
You will need to enter your Salesforce user id and password and then you will be prompted to Allow Access.
After allowing access, the Salesforce integration card in GleanQuote should display “Enabled” and a settings button will be displayed at the bottom of the card. You can disable access at any time by simply clicking the Disable button.
Editing the Salesforce Integration Settings
The default Salesforce User is used for record assignment if the assigned user for the record being synced doesn’t exist in either Salesforce or GleanQuote.
NOTE: Salesforce users are not automatically created in GleanQuote. In order for record assignment to sync correctly, you must create a user in GleanQuote with a matching email address for every Salesforce user that will be using GleanQuote.
Auto-populate Opportunity Amount
- If you want the proposal amount to sync back to the Salesforce opportunity amount field (for proposals connected to Salesforce opportunities), then check the box for "Auto-populate Salesforce opportunity amount with GleanQuote proposal total". The Salesforce opportunity amount field will be updated with the amount from the GleanQuote proposal with the most recent Date Sent that is associated with the Salesforce Opportunity.
- You have the ability to use Non-Recurring totals, Recurring Totals, or an Anualized combination of all.
Line Item Sync
- If you want the Line Items in your GleanQuote proposal to sync back into the Salesforce opportunity product fields, check the box "Auto-populate Salesforce opportunity products with GleanQuote proposal products". If this box is checked, the Salesforce opportunity products will be overwritten with the products from the most recent GleanQuote proposal.
- You can select to have that sync when the proposal is Sent or each time it is edited.
- Keep in mind that Salesforce basic products do not allow recurring pricing so recurring products will not sync but all non-recurring items will sync as expected.
- If you wish to create custom product fields in GleanQuote and have those sync back to line item fields in SF, select the Line Items Mapping dropdown and a mapping selection will appear.
Import Line Items from SF to GQ Proposal
- If you are managing products in SF and already have added them to the Opportunity, you can click the Import Line Items box when creating a new proposal.
- These items can then be further configured, bundled, or special priced based on your setup in GleanQuote.
- The Items will then sync back as explained above with the correct configurations, new bundled fixed products, or newly configured pricing.
- Products should always be managed in one location and then synced to the other for use. GleanQuote allows you to choose either and then Sync either from SF to GQ or GQ to SF.
- Only Separate Items can sync - so if you build configured items or bundles/packages in GleanQuote, make sure to use fixed product separate options so everything syncs properly.
Configured Model Number
- If you wish to have gleanquote configure a new model number for custom products based on the options selected, this is available in the template Quote Settings and can be selected here to push that Model Number back into the parent line item. This is used most often when the options selected will generate a completely different configured product that needs to be reported on as such or then pulled from Salesforce back to an ERP to be invoiced correctly.
Customer Data Mapping
- You can map any GleanQuote fields to corresponding Salesforce Fields for Accounts, Opportunities, and Contacts. Required fields are denoted with a red star in the drop down list. These fields must be mapped -- all others are optional. Note that you must create any custom fields in GleanQuote before mapping.
- Mapped fields are used for two reasons.
- Generating Variables to be used in any Proposal Text Field
- Numeric fields can be used as values in Calculated Product Pricing in GleanQuote
Click the Save button and you’re done with Settings!
Opp Amount updated, Opp Products Synced, and Activity Recorded all back to the SF Opportunity
Installing the GleanQuote App from the Salesforce App Exchange
You can install the GleanQuote app from the Salesforce App Exchange if you want to have the ability to create/edit new proposals directly from Salesforce Account and Opportunity pages. You must complete the initial setup described in this article before downloading and setting up the app from the App exchange.
Download the app from the app exchange.
Open an account or opportunity record in Salesforce.
Click the Gear Icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Edit Page.
Select the GleanQuote Proposals Lightning component from the list on the left hand side.
- Drag and drop the component wherever you want on the Salesforce layout.
- Click Save and Activation.
- Go to your GleanQuote Account and Enable the Salesforce Integration (shown below)
- Now, the GleanQuote Proposals panel will be visible on the Salesforce layout. You can create a new proposal related to the Salesforce record by clicking the down arrow and selecting Create new proposal.
- Once a proposal has been created, summary info about the proposal is displayed in the panel. You can click the Proposal name link to edit or view the proposal in GleanQuote and you can Click the Open Related Task link to view the Salesforce Task with all of the activity details for the proposal.
Using GleanQuote without the Salesforce GleanQuote APP
Once the Salesforce integration is enabled, you will see additional options for connecting a new proposal to Salesforce records. You will be able to connect the proposal to a GleanQuote Account/Opportunity or a Salesforce Account/Opportunity.
If you choose to connect to a Salesforce Account or Opp, then you will be able to search for Salesforce records in the search box.
New Accounts and Contacts Created During Sync (When not using SF GleanQuote APP)
* Note - When using the APP in SF - The same logic applies, however it is already known which Account, Opportunity, and Contact you are linking from.
If the Salesforce account selected when creating a new proposal does not already exist in GleanQuote, then a new account is created in GleanQuote and all of the Salesforce contacts associated with the account are also created in GleanQuote. The fields for these records are populated according to the mapping in the Salesforce integration settings.
If the Salesforce account selected already exists in GleanQuote, then ALL GleanQuote fields will be overwritten with Salesforce data, and any new contacts with email addresses will be added to the GleanQuote account. Account, Contact, and Opportunity data should be managed in Salesforce and not GleanQuote since no edits to these fields in GleanQuote will be synced back to Salesforce and these fields will be overwritten with Salesforce data when any new proposal is either CREATED or EDITED.
If you choose to connect the proposal to a Salesforce opportunity that does not already exist in GleanQuote, then a new opportunity is created in GleanQuote. The only opportunity field that is synced is the opportunity name. The stage of the opportunity in GleanQuote is automatically set to Nurture. If the Salesforce account and contacts associated with the opportunity do not exist in GleanQuote, they are created as well.
If the Salesforce opportunity already exists in GleanQuote, then any new contacts with email addresses associated with the Salesforce account are created in GleanQuote.
Proposal permission settings for the user in GleanQuote determine which Salesforce accounts and opportunities are available in the Search.
If the user has proposal view permissions of User or Team, then they should only be able to see the accounts and opps owned by them in Salesforce. If the user has proposal view permission of ALL, then they should be able to see ALL accounts and opps from Salesforce.
Proposal Information from GleanQuote to Salesforce
When you create a new proposal in GleanQuote, information about that proposal is synced back into Salesforce as a new Task connected to the Salesforce account or opportunity selected.
All proposal activity is recorded and updated in the task, as well as a link back to the proposal in GleanQuote. Proposal information is triggered to sync back to Salesforce in the following cases:
- Anytime the proposal is manually saved
- When the proposal is sent
- When the Get PDF link is clicked for the proposal in GleanQuote
- When the proposal is completed
- When the proposal is paid (if payment integration is enabled)
Additionally, once the proposal is completed, a completed copy of the PDF is synced into Salesforce under the Related tab for the same task: